POLICY GUIDELINES FOR MANAGMENT AND USAGE OF INFORMATION AND COMMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN TIBETAN SCHOOLS
“Information and Communication Technology can contribute to universal access to education, equity in education, the delivery of quality learning and teaching, teachers’ professional development and more efficient education management, governance and administration.”
“ICT in Education” UNESCO. Retrieved 10 March 2016
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) have developed and improved significantly over the last couple of decades. The use of ICTs, and computers in particular, can no longer be regarded as optional for teaching and learning – it is a requirement that both students and teachers as learners become ICT capable.ICT as tools is now being used as a meaningful support to the educational process by effectiveintegration of ICTinto classroom learning as well as various educational programmes in schools. Integration of ICT in school education can empower the students and teachers with the positive use of ICT and internet as tools,improves the students’ participation in classroom learning by connecting with the real world and with each other, andcontributes towards teacher’s professional development. A strong foundation of ICT curriculum in schools can provide opportunities to use ITC as hands-on learning tools for the studentsthus shifting the focus of learning from teacher-centered to student-centered and promotes innovation in education.
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF ICT USAGE IN SCHOOL
The policy guidelines for management and usage of ICT apply to all the Tibetan schools with the following aims and objectives:
- To establish an enabling environment to promote the usage of ICT in the schools.
- To enrich the school curriculum and pedagogy by integrating ICT tools for teaching and learning process.
- To support the management and administration of schools to work efficiently and communicate effectively.
- To promote critical and analytical thinking skills among students and teachers through the use of ICT tools.
- To practice safe, legal and ethical means of using ICT.